Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday - Velois and Anna Parker

Tombstone of Velois and Anna Parker

This is the tombstone of Velois D. Parker and his wife Anna B. (Wood) Parker at Wautoma Union Cemetery, Waushara County, Wautoma, Wisconsin. They are my 2nd great grandparents, the parents of Lloyd Parker, my great grandfather.

I have always operated under the assumption that his name was spelled Valois rather than Velois, so when I saw the tombstone, I was a bit surprised. All other electronic records I have found say Valois. Looks like I'm not going to know for sure unless I find a birth or death certificate or something. This wouldn't be the first time a tombstone was spelled wrong, so I'll continue to look for more information.

It is transcribed as follows:
Parker
Mother
Anna B.
1858 - 1909
-
Father
Velois D.
1857 - 1930