Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Mason Clara and John

This photo is captioned Mason, Clara, John 8/12/72. This photo is Clara (Ross) Fowlie (1897-1994) with two of her brothers, Mason Hiram Ross (1892-1980) and John Franklin Ross Jr.(1899-1976). Looking at the high res scan, I can tell you that the sign on the house says "Mason Ross". This is somewhere in Iowa, probably Calhoun County, does anyone remember where Mason lived in 1972? Update: I'm told that this house was on a farm northwest of Lake City possibly 3409 Harris Ave. in Jackson Township, Calhoun County, Iowa.

I have some tombstone photos from last weekend's trip to Lake Creek Cemetery and Rosehill Cemetery over on Flickr, but I'll be posting them in future "Tombstone Tuesday" posts.

Clara is my great grand mother and the others are great grand uncles. Clara's daughter married Elvis J. Brassfield and that is the connection to the Brassfield surname, the normal subject of this blog.