Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish Roots?

Irish clover
On the eve of St. Patrick's Day, I'm looking through my database for people born in Ireland. All that I can come up with are Patrick Haney and his wife, Margaret Foley. If I found the right people via the 1870 census, they are my 4th great grand parents. According to my notes, Patrick was born in Ireland, moved to Canada and then Wisconsin. I have very little detail on him. The census says he was born about 1813 and I am guessing that he died between 1870 and 1880. Margaret Foley-Haney was born about 1813 in Ireland and died after 1880. The last time she shows up is the 1880 census for the Town of Shields, Marquette, Wisconsin.

Their son James Haney married Minnie Polenske. Their daughter Maggie Haney married Gilbert Alexander. Their daughter Norma Elizabeth Alexander married Lloyd Ira Parker and their grand daughter married a Brassfield. So Happy St. Patrick's Day from an American, English, Prussian, German, Scottish, Irish descendant (and probably a few others I'm forgetting).