Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday - Henry Kiesel

Henry Kiesel grave site
This is the tombstone of my 2nd great grand uncle Henry Kiesel located at Keystone Cemetery, Kane township, Benton County, Iowa. He was the brother of my 2nd great grandmother Mary A. (Kiesel) Fowlie. He is buried next to two of his wives and near his half brother Lewis Homire.

His two wives were significantly younger. So much so that I initially wondered if they were his daughters. I was able to find an obituary that confirmed that these were his wives. Auguste (Doose or Dozy) was 20 years younger and Marie was 27 years younger than Henry. Unfortunately, I don't have a maiden name for Marie.


Tombstone of Henry Kiesel
Henry Kiesel

His tombstone reads:
Henry
1856 - 1935

Tombstone of Marie Kiesel
Marie Kiesel

Her tombstone reads:
Marie
1876 - 1900

Tombstone of Auguste Kiesel
Auguste Kiesel

Her tombstone reads:
Auguste
1883 - 1924