Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Well, it's 2011, so here's a photo from around 142 years ago. This on is from 1869 of Mary Hay Stotler. It is captioned "Age 5". She was born in 1864. In 1870, her family was living in Sangamon township, Piatt County, Illinois near Mohamet and Mansfield, Illinois.

Mary is my 2nd Great Grandmother. Her grand daughter married Elvis John Brassfield. More to come Sunday morning on Mary Stotler and John F. Ross (Sr.).

I have plenty of photos scanned and ready to post in the coming year. I'm going to shoot for about one post a day, though it will probably be closer to 4 or 5 a week. I have plenty of Brassfield, Hunt, Ross and Fowlie photos to post and I hope to get to the other side of my family at some point too. Hopefully you will enjoy the photos and my commentary about them.